Servings : 6 people
Cooking Time: 1 hour
Ingredient: 2 Cups dry white peas
½ Kg potatoes
250 Grams tomatoes
8 Green chillies
1 Inch ginger
2 Tablespoon oil
1 Pinch asafoetida
8 Clove garlic oil to fry
½ Teaspoon turmeric powder
1 Tablespoon garam masala
½ Cup fresh coriander
1 Teaspoon lemon juice
6 Tablespoons tamarind chutney
½ Teaspoon cumin seeds
2 Tablespoons bread crumb
2 Teaspoons red chilli powder
4 T easpoons coriander powder salt to taste
· Soak the peas overnight and in the morning add salt and pressure cook. After 2 whistles cook for 10 minutes on a low flame.
· Finely chop onions and green chillies.
· Heat oil and cumin seeds, onions, green chilli, ginger and sauté till the onions turn golden brown. Then add tomatoes in it.
· Add 1 teaspoon red chilli, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala,lemon juice and fry for 2minutes. Add peas and 1cup water.
· Cover with a lid, cook for 10 minutes more.
· Boil the potatoes, peel and mash them. Add salt, 1 teaspoon red chilli powder, coriander (chopped) and bread crumbs. Give shape of a cutlet fry in a frying pan .
· Serve 2 cutlets in a plate with 2tablespoons of peasand garnish with tamarind chutney,finely chopped onions, coriander and ginger.
Found this in a newspaper a few years ago and I just love it. Mjedara (Lebanese lentils and rice) 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) brown or green lenti...
Please dare to watch it and share it with your Non-Vegetarian Friends
Silpa Surendran Udipi Sambar (Udupi Sambar) A hot, spicy dal that acts as an accompaniment to dosas) Ingredients...
By Andrew Cullen More Mongolians are going vegetarian as people seek healthier diets and restaurateurs seize the initiative. Vegetables rem...
Daabeli Servings : 8 people Cooking Time : 30 minutes Ingredient: 8 Buns 200 Grams dry white peas ...
By Arwa Aburawa “Are Muslims allowed to be vegetarians?” and “Why would any Muslim want to be a vegetarian?” usually follows the polite ...
Bollywood actress Vidya Balan and former union minister of state for external affairs Shashi Tharoor have been voted as the hottest celebri...
Cambridge: It's a known fact that vegetarian diet helps fight cancer, but a new research suggests that plants may protect us from cance...
Ahead of his India tour this week, Canadian rockstar Bryan Adams has a message for Indian fans: go vegetarian. Adams joins a long list of c...